Please read these terms and conditions as they contain the legal terms and conditions that you agree to when using This website.This store is owned and maintained by us Star Design UK, by accessing this website ,you agree to our terms and conditions. All orders are subject to our terms and conditions of sale detailed below.Your statutory rights as a customer are not effected. These terms and conditions apply to all purchases from Star Design UK, Please read them carefully. We may need occasionally to amend these terms and conditions and changes will be noted on our website.
- Customer: Individual, company or firm who purchases the equipment from the (us) Star DesignUK
- (We), (us), means Star Design UK. Site means www.stardesignuk.com
- Contract: Binding agreement between the Seller ( Star Design UK ) and the Customer for the sale and purchase of the equipment in accordance with these Conditions.
- Order: means the customer purchase order of an item(s) specified in the shopping card under his/her name and details as a register or unregister member of the site.
- Business Customer means a customer who is not a Consumer.
- Catalogue means the catalogue of products and services advertised and offered for sale by Star Design UK
- Equipment means the products advertised and sold by Informatics UK on site www.stardesignuk.com
- Force Majeure means any cause affecting the performance by Star Design UK of its obligations arising from acts, events, omissions, happenings or non-happenings beyond its reasonable control including (but not limited to) governmental regulations, fire, flood or any disaster or industrial dispute affecting a third party.
Placing an order With us:
You place an order on our website (www.stardesignuk.com) by selecting an item(s) and following the instructions.
You will have an opportunity to check and correct any input error in your order up until you click the Submit Order button. After you have submitted your order you will receive an order acknowledgement e-mail from us. Please note that this e-mail is an acknowledgement and not acceptance of your order.
If you are paying by credit card, we will authorize your debit or credit card payment. If you are paying by cheque, we will deposit your cheque on the first working day after we receive it. Once payment has been authorised, or your cheque has cleared, and we have determined the availability of stock we will arrange delivery of the goods to you. Acceptance of your order and the creation of a legally binding contract between us will only occur when we send you a second e-mail which contains the details of when your goods will be delivered to you. We reserve the right to decline all or part of any order for any reason we see fit and should this occur we will e-mail you with the details. It is recommended that you retain all e-mails relating to your order and contract.
(1) Star Design UK makes every effort to supply the goods as advertised but reserves the right to supply the goods subject to minor variations in actual dimensions and specifications where these are changed by the manufacturer.
(2) If Star Design UK cannot supply the goods ordered by the Customer, we reserves the right to offer goods of equal or superior quality at no extra cost. In such a case, if the Customer does not wish to accept the alternative goods offered, he or she may cancel the order and require the refund of any money paid to us in respect of that order, including carriage charges. This shall be the sole remedy of the Customer in these circumstances.
Price & Payments:
We (Star Design UK) reserve the right to change our prices and shipping cost on our website at any time,You will not be charge more than what our shopping cart charging you unless there is an error regarding our quote or price,then we have notify you by email and change the price of the order and you have the right to cancel or complete your order. All our product prices include VAT and exclude the delivery cost of your order, all delivery cost are set separately with each product page detail. We accept payments with credit and debit cards, check, Bank Transfer.
Please note that your order payment will appear on your card statement as Star Design UK. Payments made by business cheque should be made out to us...... Should you wish to make a money transfer, please contact our sales team. Payments made via cheque or transfer will need to be cleared before goods can be despatched.
- Payment for the goods and delivery charges can be made by any method shown on Star Design UK´s website at the time you place your order. Payment shall be due before the delivery date and time for payment shall be a fundamental term of this agreement, breach of which shall entitle the Star Design UK to terminate the contract immediately.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, payment of equipment is to be made in full prior to the equipment being dispatched from Star Design UK premises. We entitled to withhold the equipment, until payment is received.
- We remain owners of the goods you purchase until you have both paid for all of them in full and also paid all other monies due to us from you under any contract or arrangement.
Shipping & Delivery times:
When you have placed an order with Star Design UK, you will receive aconfirmation e-mail immediately to advise we have your order in our system. We will respond to your request usually within eight hrs to advise the approximate date of delivery. stock items are usually delivered within 3 to 5 working days of purchase, . For out of stock items, we will send you the delivery date after 24 hours of your purchase.
We will deliver the goods to the address supplied by you at the point of order, this can either be your own address or a nominated address given by you. All delivery charges quoted on our website are for a standard delivery, which means that items will be delivered by a courier to your doorstep between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Saturdays deliveries must be agreed prior to the purchase.
- The goods are subject to availability. If on receipt of your order the goods you have ordered are not available in stock, We will inform you as soon as possible and refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card.
- Star Design UK shall use reasonable endeavours to deliver goods at the date agreed with the Client, but does not accept liability for failure to deliver within the stated time where this is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control. If a delay is likely, Star Design UK shall contact the Client and advise of the delay.
Please Note : Small parcels will be delivered to your door however pallet deliveries will be to the kerb side of your property.
The goods you order will be delivered to the address you give us when you place your order.
- If you fail to take delivery of the goods, the Supplier may:
1/ return the goods to the supplier's warehouse. Credit notes will be raised upon receipt/process of returned deliveries from which the original delivery charges will be deducted from the net amount. Failed or refused deliveries placed by business customers at times may attract a re-stocking fee. Star Design UK shall refund or re-credit you within 10 days.
2/ store the goods until actual delivery and charge you for reasonable costs (including insurance) of storage; or
3/ sell the goods at the best readily obtainable price and (after deducting all reasonable storage and selling expenses) account to you for any excess over the price you agreed to pay for the goods or charge you for any shortfall below the price you agreed to pay for the goods.
4/ You must notify us within 5 working days of the declared delivery date if you have not received the goods.
- If you fail to take delivery because you have cancelled your contract under the Distance Selling Regulations the Supplier shall refund or re-credit you within 30 days for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the goods. On exercising your right to cancel you shall be required to return the goods to the Supplier. Should you fail to return the goods, the Star Design UK reserves the right to deduct any direct costs incurred in retrieving the goods as a result of such failure.
- Star Design UK makes every effort to supply the goods as advertised but reserves the right to supply the goods subject to minor variations in actual dimensions and specifications where these are changed by the manufacturer.
- If we cannot supply the goods ordered by the Customer, we reserves the right to offer goods of equal or superior quality at no extra cost. In such a case, if the Customer does not wish to accept the alternative goods offered, he or she may cancel the order and require the refund of any money paid to us in respect of that order, including carriage charges. This shall be the sole remedy of the Customer in these circumstances.
- Customers should check the goods at arrival before accepting the delivery, in case of damaged items customers should refuse the goods and sign the delivery note as damaged goods.
- Any courier damages should be advised by either phone or e-mail, together with a clear digital image of the damage, within 3 days of receipt of the goods.
- If the goods do not meet your approval, we can either offer a refund or an exchange. You will need to notify Star Design UK by e-mail or phone within 7 days of receipt of the goods, and return the goods within 15 days of receipt of the goods.
Order Cancellation by you:
- You may cancel your contract with us for the goods you order at any time up to the end of the seventh working day from the date you place your order, providing your goods have not already been dispatched or have been put into production by the factory. To cancel your order you must notify us in writing, either to email@example.com quoting your name and order reference.
Items that are made to order and not in stock cannot be cancelled or returned after 7 working days from the date of order.
Cancellation by us:
We reserve the right not to accept any order request if:
1/ we have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered;
2/ we do not deliver to your area;
3/one or more of the goods ordered was incorrectly described or priced on the website;
4/ the payment transaction is not authorized
5/ If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by e-mail and will refund to you any sum paid by you to us in respect of the contract as soon as possible, and in any event within 30 7/ days of the cancellation of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
4.1 All Items are covered by Manufacturers Warranty for 12 months.
4.2 Only manufacturing defects are warranted. We do not cover any damages, chips, tears, marks etc caused by the customer either through use or installation of the product.
4.3 It is important to note that items with swivel mechanisms can sometimes be treated as fairground rides by minors! Damage to items that have been caused by 'spinning' very fast on swivel mechanisms is not covered, only manufacturing defect. We advise concise instruction of minors.
4.4 We are obliged to offer a replacement or repair on Warranted items. We retain the right to offer a repair or the replacement of parts.
4.5 Due to distance selling we always request digital images in order to process and assess any resulting warranty issue.
4.6 In the event of a problem we are obliged the opportunity to correct it and we do not charge shipping or delivery costs for replacements or repairs (within 14 days) unless a) the customer is using the 7 day ecommerce ruling and returning unwanted items b) returning items without giving the opportunity of correcting reported problems or c) the customer is reporting a fault on delivery but has signed as perfect with the courier. Outside of 14 days and the items are on a return to base warranty to be repaired or replaced.
4.7 Please note that in the process of manufacturing acrylic and fibreglass products it is not unusual for there to be small blemishes. This is not constituted as damage due to the nature of the material as long as they do not represent a significant size by which will then deem the item as faulty.
4.8 Always check that the dimensions of hallways and doorways are able to fit the products ordered. If you mis-calculate this then we are not responsible and the goods must be returned under the 7 day ruling therefore costing the customer shipping charges both ways.
4.9 We do not take any responsibility for customers own fixings. For example a Bubble chair that hangs from a customers own ceiling fixing.
4.10 We do not take responsibility for damage caused by the customer. Clearly marks, scratches and chips that are not on the product when it arrives are the customers responsibility. Likewise Damage that was not present when boxed at the warehouse and the product signed for on delivery is the responsibility of the customer.
4.11 Pre-ordered and Made For you items are covered with the same 12 month warranty however are not covered by the 7 day ruling of return as they have been made especially. It is a customer's responsibility therefore to view an item or order samples in advance to ensure suitability.
4.12 Due to the logistics involved, reported problems from countries outside of the UK will be dealt with financial re-imbursement. We do not collect and return items from outside the UK. We either a) send replacement parts or b) pay compensation/refund amount for items damaged or missing.
4.13 Warranty is void in all cases whereby any item has been modified from its original condition.
4.14 Items sold as seconds/ex-display carry no warranty. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure they are fully aware of the condition of an item before purchase.
Security Data and Personal Information:
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period to process your order or as long as the law requires.
All information such as names, addresses, phone numbers and any other private information are confidentials and they will be under no circumstances published, sold or shared with a third party. All communication and data are only to process your order and provide you with information and updates about your purchase and its status. some information about your server address, web browser, and computer system are automatically transmitted to our web servers so that we can operate our site on the internet. If you choose to purchase anything or send us an email, we require that you give us some personal information (including your name, address, email address, and other similar information). To order, you must provide contact information (such as name and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date and CVV code).
By purchasing from this website (www.stardesignuk.com) you the Customer hold us the Company harmless of any liabilities that may be caused by misuse of products sold by us.
- Any claim made by the Customer shall not exceed the purchase price of the goods
- We will accept the return of faulty goods and our liability will be limited to the repair or replacement of the goods or the re-performance of any defective services
- we do not accept any liability for direct, indirect losses of any kind or for any loss of profits, revenue, loss of anticipated savings, loss of or corruption to data, loss or damage to goodwill, business or reputation.
- Maximum liability to you under this Agreement shall be limited to the value of the goods or services giving rise to the claim.
Star Design UK will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Terms that is caused by events outside our reasonable control or any Force Majeure Event.
- A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-occurrence, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes, in particular (without limitation), the following strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action; or civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war; or fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster; or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport; or impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks
Our obligations under these Terms are suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time to perform these obligations for the duration of that period. We will take reasonable steps to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under these Terms can be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
Law and jurisdiction :
These terms and conditions and your use of this site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you hereby agree to be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.